Monday, November 16, 2009

My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

I have tried letting it just grow out but right now he looks like a mad man, I can not tame it....he has pictures coming up and I don't want him looking this way-he hate the scissors and the clippers-what should I do? I have tried giving him candy even (something he hardly ever gets) he doesn't care.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

I've had this same exact problem with my 2 year old.. We took him to watch his brother's haircut, it just freaked him out. We tried one of those pricey kids salons, he still wouldn't do it. I finally had to get the ENTIRE family to distract him while I cut his hair. He had no idea what I was up to til I got close to his ears. If all else fails, madman is kinda in now lol....Good luck :)



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

time to be the parent. find a hairdresser with alot of experience -not the cheap ones! tell him that he will get his hair cut and there will be consequences if he misbehaves. accordingly, reward him for his good behavior.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

You could bring him to a kid's salon. They have themed chairs and TV, but they are pricey. My kids are the same way, except they won't act up (other than cry, only once though) if someone else is doing it because they know it's a stranger.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

duct tape him to a chair



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

I had a hard time with this too when my son was that age. The sound of the buzzer esp would set him off. I found the only thing that calmed him down was taking him to a place that was designed esp for children. Cartoon cuts (sp?) is one place that has cartoons on that you can choose and the whole place is done in fun colors. Its a bit pricier but I found the piece of mind was well worth it.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

Let him look like a mad man. It's things like this that gives you the opportunity to tease when he brings home a girlfriend 12 years from now.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

My parents took my brother to my dads barber and they would set him up on a booster chair that looked like a horse. He loved it. Whenever my dad went to get his hair cut, my brother always asked if he could go and get his hair cut too. The shop also had a huge toybox out in the waiting room with all kinds of cool toys so me and my sister always wanted to go too (even though we never got our hair cut there). If he doesnt like getting his hair cut at home, maybe you could try taking him to a family friendly barber shop or salon. You could get your hair cut first with him sitting on your lap to show him it doesnt hurt. When I was a kid, I loved the chairs. I thought it was so cool that they could boost the chair up using only their foot : )



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

DEAR



SET HIM ON YOUR LAP TO GET IT DONE OK



TAKE CARE



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

why dont u try getting a hair cut with him? if he sees that there is nothin bad or wrong with it and he sees daddy doing it then he probably wont be afraid anymore.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

Take him to a barber that is kid friendly. Someone that will talk to him and play with him while his mop is being chopped. Good luck!



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

Have you asked him,what bothers him about getting his haircut? if its the person? the clippers? The place? Then once u find out talk 2 him about it,and calm his nerves! Cuz I wouldn't want my son looking like crap in pics either



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

Tried ice cream? Lol that always worked for me! I'd do anything for ice cream! maybe the word Ice Cream Sundae will help? Lol always sounds better than just ice cream. Hmm, my parents used to take me to a place that had video games and toys while you waited your turn. Thats the only reason why I went lots of times! How about something to keep his mind off of the hair cut like music or a video game during the cut? His favorite TV show near by? Not sure what to tell you....



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

Bring him to barber shops that specializes with children's haircut. There are a lot of shops like that. The area is full of toys and a television that features cartoons, etc. When he sees other children on the "hot seat", he will surely be enticed to have his hair cut.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

LOL...my son is 10 and he STILL HATES haircuts. When he was a toddler I just had to make him stay still and as he gets older he comprehends moms the boss...whether he likes it or not.



My 2 yr. old hates getting his hair cut!!! Any ideas on getting him to like it?

You could take him with you to get your hair or your husbands hair cut, to show him that mommy or daddy can do it. There are also hair salons for kids, try finding one in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment