Friday, November 13, 2009

What is a good brand or model of dog clippers?

for a dog with very thick, semi-long hair. (similar to an Australian Shephered. 'm looking for something inexpensive (yeah right!) durable, does a good job, and is also inexpensive.



And where can I buy it.



What is a good brand or model of dog clippers?

You probably won't have any luck with store bought clippers as every person I've talked to says the blade it comes with goes dull very quickly. The ones I use for my work (i'm a groomer) are the Andis AG Super 2 speed. For your dog i would make sure the blade is no higher than a 10. The higher the number the closer the cut for animals. The lower the number, the longer the hair. I always like using a number 7 on the aussies i shave for summer as it leaves enough hair to cover the skin to prevent sunburn. If you have any hesitations at all, please use a professional groomer as they have the equipment and know how.



What is a good brand or model of dog clippers?

Oster is a good brand name. There are 2 others and I cannot think of their names right off the top of my head. Buy it from ebay, or any place where dog groomers shop.



What is a good brand or model of dog clippers?

I bought a Wahl clipper set at Walmart. I've been using it for over a year on 2 Westies and it seems to work fine. It has 5 guards to cut at specific lengths and it even came with a dvd that showed step by step instructions on cutting several different breeds' fur. Very handy! I am pretty good at my dogs cuts, they look almost as good as when I was paying $50 each for grooming! Whatever you get, make sure you clean it thoroughly after each use to prolong the life of the clippers.



What is a good brand or model of dog clippers?

i suggest the andis pro



its a detachable blade clipper around 90 bucks



and it will clip through most hair, im a professional groomer and i have one in case my heavy clipper (a laube lightning $349.99) decides to quit on me... and it does



it isnt as fast or accutate as my laube but its worth the money



http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/...

No comments:

Post a Comment