Friday, November 13, 2009

What kind of dog clippers do I need? And how do I groom a dog?

I have inherited some very uncared for matted puppies who need hair cuts. They are all matted almost to the skin and I have barely enough$ to feed them let alone take them to a groomer. What do I do? Are there dog grooming schools that need live volunteers? The dogs are a pomeranian, maltese and a schkipperkee. I need alot of advice. Any suggestions on how to get them back to healthy fur cheaply would be great.



What kind of dog clippers do I need? And how do I groom a dog?

Check out this web site www.dogclub.co.uk this will give you links on each breed to the UK Kennel Club which will explain about each breed and also give telephone numbers for the clubs for each of the breeds. Maybe the can help with live volunteers.



What kind of dog clippers do I need? And how do I groom a dog?

id suggest taking them to a dog groomer to get cleaned up, clipping dogs nails if you touch the nerve can cause alot of problems. plus they no what there doing. other wise im not sure as with the money situation i think you should take them to the rspca or animal shelter as like you say yyou can barley afford to feed them . x



What kind of dog clippers do I need? And how do I groom a dog?

Baby shampoo and Pantine conditioner will help you. Doing the job on your own is almost impossible. Ask friends and relatives if they can help. Love them.



What kind of dog clippers do I need? And how do I groom a dog?

would use aesculap clippers and blades, they are excellent if the coats are very matted. if needs must any clippers will do, bst thing to do is just get it all off and start again. i wouldnt bath them first as if badly matted you will never get them dry, clip before bathing then yopu can always tidy it up after drying if its not that neat. see if a local home/rescue centre needs people to help grooming/bathing etc if you want experience as grooming jobs are very few and far between im afraid! i used to be a groomer! all the breeds you have have natural coats and with daily combing and brushing should take care of them selves once theyre back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment